Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Quiet Time: Prayerful Participation

Prayerful Participation
The early church seemed dynamically dependent on prayer. Today’s church too. However, I often find that prayer is sometimes added, indifferently, to a pressing need. Come on, you’ve heard it: a voice filled with emotion, maybe a tear, and then the plea, “Hi friends, please remember that this is a viewer supported ministry; your prayers and gifts are greatly appreciated!” Then the announcer spends the next several minutes emphasizing how much the donor’s support is needed, without a peep on prayer. It seems to me that Paul took a much higher view of the power of prayer in ministry.



Paul encouraged the Corinthian church to “join” him in ministry through prayer (2 Corinthians 1:11), he told the believers in Rome to “strive” with him through prayer (Romans 15:30), and declared to the Philippian church that he would be “delivered” through prayer (Philippians 1:19). He spoke as if everything depended on prayer.
So, after reading Paul’s view I asked myself, “When was the last time I joined a pastor, worship leader, teacher, missionary, insert name here ________, in the ministry through prayer?” To be honest, I can improve.





Who knows, may-be God’s been waiting on me to get involved. Therefore, I’m determined to become dynamically dependent on prayer. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment