Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Quiet Time Quit Tomorrow

Quit Tomorrow

Read: Galatians 6:6-10

Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. – Galatians 6:9

I have a mental trick that I like to play on myself when I feel like quitting. I tell myself, “I can always quit tomorrow.” Then, when tomorrow comes and I’m faced with the same old challenge or a new one takes its place, I say it again, “I can always quit tomorrow.” Challenges are a way of life, and I can always quit, but I don’t need to quit just now.

Too often we Christians become easily discouraged when things aren’t going our way. We’re doing the right thing, we’re following what God tells us to do in His word, but the more we follow Him the more difficult things seem to become. It would be so easy to just quit, give up, and do whatever comes naturally. But, then nature becomes our god, and no one should want that (nature does nasty things; like eating its young).

The apostle Paul encourages us not grow weary in well doing because we will reap if we don’t grow weary. He doesn’t say not to grow weary because things will usually work out. No, God’s word promises that we will reap. So, the next logical question is what will we reap? We will reap the exact and best blessing God wants us to have.

Therefore, press on toward the upward call of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:13-15); you can always quit tomorrow.

"Saints are sinners who kept on going."



~ Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment