Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Quiet Time: He's Always Been Faithful

He’s Always Been Faithful

Read: Hebrews 13:4-6

being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU  
                                              – Hebrews 13:5

God is faithful even when we are faithless.

Have you ever doubted your faith in Christ? I have. Usually my doubt comes after something or someone has drawn my face away from Jesus. Before I know it, my focus is on stuff and circumstance instead of my Savior.

Fortunately for me, I’m a worship leader; therefore, I’m forced to redirect my view each day as I practice songs of praise and worship for the upcoming Sunday. Before I know it, my mind and soul are again looking for another tender moment with the Master. Like the old song says:

o Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

I like the old songs, but I like the new as well. There’s a new song by Sara Groves titled “He’s Always Been Faithful”. I asked my daughter to sing it for me tonight. I needed it. May-be you do too. So, I’ve attached a YouTube link with her singing it for me. I joined her on the old hymn “Great is Thy Faithfulness”; I just couldn’t help it. Sing along if you want to and remember, Jesus is always faithful, even when we are faithless.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dZMm891RwQ&feature=feedu

No comments:

Post a Comment