Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Song Series: Victor's Crown

The Victor's Crown

Read: Matthew 27:28-30

And after twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed in His right hand; and they knelt down before Him and mocked Him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!” - Matthew 27:29

The finished work of Christ came after His crown of thorns. Ironically, this painful act of mockery became a symbol of victory.


I have a miniature crown of thorns that rests on the top left frame of my bedroom mirror. Every morning when I look at my reflection I am reminded of Christ's victory over my past sins, failures, and regrets, as well as, my glorious future with Him. I am encouraged to walk worthy of His calling me to follow Him and to turn my back on all that was (yesterday) pressing on in view of all that's yet to be (eternity).


Christ followers, like everyone else, may have painful life memories, but the huge difference is that Jesus' finished work on the cross turns those thorny wreaths into crowns of victory.


Walk in faith and victory; Pain is a finite process not the final product.





Darlene Zschech, Victor's Crown song story


Live recording of Victor's Crown


Pain is a finite process not the final product



No comments:

Post a Comment