Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Song Series: Good Good Father

Good Good Father

Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" - Galatians 4:6

I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching for answers only You can provide
'cause You know just what we need before we say a word

This is verse 2 of the song Good Good Father. I've been listening to it lately and will begin working it out on the keys and vocals tomorrow in hopes of adding it to my praise and worship repertoire. The song speaks to the father heart in me, as well as, the Father's heart to me. 

It reminds me of how God's love for me has affected my love for others. For instance, I love my kids. I love them when they mess up and I love them when they do really well.  I even love them when they pretty much ignore  my very existence. Frankly, that's when my human love is tested the most...when my existence doesn't seem to matter much. But, tests have a way of turning a heart toward Father God.

His word says that He loved us "while we were His enemies" (Romans 5:8) and that when we are faithless He remains faithful (2 Timothy 2:13). That's Who He is.

That kind of love inspires me to seek Him and praise Him all the more. 

Spending time each day with our Father God is important because it helps us remember Who He is, Whose we are, and molds us to who He wants us to be. 

In short, God is good; it's Who He is. 
     You are loved by Him; it's who you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment