Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2016

No Bible - No Breakfast


 
No Bible - No Breakfast
 
In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch. - Psalm 5:3
 
READ: Psalm 5
 
My mother is the one who helped me establish a daily quiet time and a missionary's words challenged me to have it early morning.
 
My mother brought me my first daily devotional as a youth titled “Our Daily Bread” and I’ve used it ever since. It is both relevant and timely.

A few years later I heard a missionary remark, "No bible - No breakfast." He meant, of course, that he wanted to feed the spirit before feeding the flesh. This statement struck me to my core; from that day, I've seldom missed a morning quiet time with God and His word before anyone in the house rises. It is truly a blessing!
 
You may not be a morning person; know that, you could be missing a blessing (Matthew 6:33).
 

DIG DEEPER:

But I, O LORD, have cried out to You for help, And in the morning my prayer comes before You. - Psalm 88:13
I rise before dawn and cry for help; I wait for Your words. - Psalm 119:47
 
Awake, harp and lyre; I will awaken the dawn! - Psalm 119:147
 
My soul waits for the Lord More than the watchmen for the morning; Indeed, more than the watchmen for the morning. - Psalm 130:6
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment