Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Song Series: The Whole Thing (Here I Am to Worship)

Altogether Lovely by Margie Chapman
Altogether
the whole thing
  While practicing the classic song "Here I am to Worship" by Hillsong Publishing I moved through the chorus and got to the part that says,

"Your altogether lovely altogether worthy, Altogether wonderful to me"

It struck me that the word "altogether" isn't a common everyday word. So, I did a quick Lexicon study and one particular scripture verse stood out to me.

His mouth is most sweet, and he is altogether desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem. - Song of Solomon 5:16

I am so convicted by the passion in this verse. 

Is God's word still sweet and desirable to me today?
Does my love for God  prompt me to praise Him even when no-one is around?
Is God my friend?




No comments:

Post a Comment