Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

Song Series: Counting On God

Counting On God

Read: Habakkuk 3:17-19


I'm turning cartwheels of joy
to my Savior God.
Counting on God's Rule to prevail,
I take heart and gain strength. - Habakkuk 3:17 (The Message)

“No one knows what tomorrow holds but I know Who holds tomorrow.” I think I heard Billy Graham say that. I like it, don’t you? You know what I like about it specifically? The fact that I really don’t need to know what tomorrow may bring, as long as I know that God is allowing it to be brought.

I like the way “The Message” translation reads too. When was the last time you saw someone excited about challenging times? Goodness! This guy’s doing cartwheels for crying out loud! Then Habakkuk goes on to say that he’s full of faith and power because he’s trusting that God is in control. No worries. He’s counting on God.

Our band is learning a song titled “Counting On God” by Desperation Band, which I think does a good job of putting this faith filled thought into practice. You can check it out at the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jdkfdClHOM

I’m gonna go practice my cartwheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment