Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Song Series: Not Ashamed

Not Ashamed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSqmnzcKmo8

Read: Romans 1:15-17

Memorize:  
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. – Romans 1:16

Our worship team has been working on a new song titled “Not Ashamed” by Bryan Brown, Chris Tomlin, and friends. Each time I sing it I’m encouraged to rekindle the fire inside of me to walk worthy of my calling in Christ and to fearlessly share the good news of the power of God for salvation.

The song obviously draws its text from Romans 1:16 where Paul emphatically states his position as an evangelist and his heart as a follower of Christ.

As I read again Paul’s discourse to the Christians living in Rome I am hit squarely with the charge to” take charge” of the calling Christ has placed on my life. Perhaps you will feel the same.

Here’s how it hit me in my personal bible study time:

“I” - Paul gets personal. He wants his readers to know and understand that it’s him doing the talking and he’s taking full responsibility for what he’s about to say.

(I am responsible for what I say or don’t say) (Eph. 4:29)

“am” – Paul gets present. He’s talking in the now and is making it clear that what he’s writing he is walking.

(I am responsible for living for Jesus right now, right here, right where God’s placed me to be) (Col. 1:10)

“not” – Paul is the polar opposite of the harsh adjective that follows.

(I am responsible for surrendering daily to the cross Christ) (Luke 9:23)

“ashamed” – Paul is not distraught, not discouraged, not distressed and certainly not embarrassed.

(I am responsible for standing strong and stalwart in the power my Lord and Savior) (1 Cor. 15:58)

OF THE GOSPEL.

(I am responsible for giving away what has been given to me; the good news of new life in Christ) (Mark 16:15)


Oh, to God that I would consistently catch Paul’s courage.


I often pray, not just for the opportunity to share, but also to be aware of opportunity to share.

How often have I at the feet of timidity allowed my voice to remain silent?

How often have I at the threshold of eternity allowed a soul to slip by unseen?

No more! I am not distraught, I am not discouraged, and I am not distressed. In deed I am resolute, unafraid and undaunted in my love for Jesus and the power of His love and ultimate sacrifice and victory for mankind.

I AM NOT ASHAMED

are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment