Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

Quiet Time: Significant Life Change

Significant Life Change


Read: Luke 19:1-10



Some soldiers were questioning him, saying, “And what about us, what shall we do?” And he said to them, “Do not take money from anyone by force, or accuse anyone falsely, and be content with your wages.” – Luke 3:14


I just read again the well-known story of Zaccheus; the little guy that everyone hated for being a selfish tax gathering extortionist working for the “other side”. What a crazy change he underwent. I mean, from money grubber to philanthropist without a hint of avarice.

Come to think of it, I don't see anyone in the bible that follows Christ (other than Judas) that doesn’t experience a significant life change.

Ironically, for us Americans, like Zaccheus, when we come to Jesus, we often have a drastic attitude adjustment toward people and, yes, money.

For example, I’ve met parents who come to Christ because of the change that takes place in the heart of their teenager. Often they talk about how the teen's new repectfulness and kind hearted attitude caught their attention. How, they are helpful and actually volunteer to do chores around the house. Some teens even took jobs in order to be able to give. Work to give? Are you kidding me? Now that’s significant life change!

Zaccheus encourages me to remember what it was like when I first met Jesus. I couldn’t wait to please Him.

God revive my passion to please You.


No comments:

Post a Comment