Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Song Series: All Because of Jesus

All Because of Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uui-jUS8a4A


Read: Romans 6:8-14

Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. – Romans 6:11

“While the goal of the American dream is to make much of us, the goal of the gospel is to make much of God.” Dr. David Platt, Radical. The first time I read the book “Radical” I thought to myself, “This guy’s a mega church pastor?” I guess I questioned Platt’s position based on what I’ve seen over the years. It seems to me, that most of us American believers are content to live life in what I call the Goldilocks continuum. You know what I mean not too bad and not too good, just right. Kind of lukewarm, hmmmm.

Paul shatters this lifestyle in Romans chapter 6. He says that as Christ followers, we no longer have to listen to sin tell us what to do and that we can discover the joy of listening to God tell us what to do. Before Christ, we used to live our lives oblivious to God’s grace and walk according to our own will and way. However, now that the Holy Spirit lives within our hearts we have a growing desire to please God. We look back on our former way of living as fruitless, meaningless, and containing memories of nothing for which we are proud.

I want to live in newness of the life Christ offers. I want to follow the goal of the gospel. I want to make much of God, because it is “All Because of Jesus” I’m alive. (2 Corinthians 5:15)



And it’s all because of Jesus I’m alive

And it’s all because the blood of Jesus Christ

That covers me and raised this dead man’s life

And it’s all because of Jesus I’m alive

No comments:

Post a Comment