Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Quiet Time: Wise In The Word

Wise In the Word
Reason Reboot

Read: 1 Corinthians 14

Brethren, do not be children in your thinking; yet in evil be infants, but in your thinking be mature. – 1 Corinthians 14:20


Neither ignorant nor intimate of evil need I be. Wise in the Word, now that’s for me!

Christians are often derided for being simple minded in the things of this world. Sometimes I wonder about this, because I know so many of us who are pretty good at being bad! Frankly, I think we should be simple in worldliness. What are we missing, really? However, I think its shameful when a Christ follower is simple minded in the things of the Word.

We simply must spend time allowing the Word to wash our minds (Ephesians 5:26). Don’t we get plenty of a humanist world view daily to require at least a small amount of time with Jesus so that He can reset our thinking?

It may not be a bad idea to have a quiet time with the Lord in the morning, then another at lunch time, and one more sometime in the evening.

Come on Brother Doug, that’s just too much - too over the top? May-be. I just know that when I miss my time with Him, I miss a lot and life just isn't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment