Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quiet Time: The Annual Exam

The Annual Exam

I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. - Galatians 2:20

Easter is a good time for an annual exam (2 Cor. 13:5).

Galatians 2:20 is a great guide in helping us consider where we are in our walk with Christ.

A Christ follower :
  • dies to self daily (Luke 9:23)
  • realizes that he/she is not good without God (Romans 3:10)
  • lives to please the Son of God (Hebrews 11:6)
  • knows that he is loved by Jesus (John 3:16; 2 Thessalonians 2:16)
  • knows he owes the One who loves him everything (Philippians 3:8)
Exams are good; they cover all a pupil has learned up to a specific point in time.and help him to seriously consider where he is as opposed to where he needs to be.

Sometimes, after a thorough exam, one may even realize that he was never actually part of the class.

Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you - unless indeed you fail the test. (2 Corinthians 13:5)

Are you a Christ follower?


No comments:

Post a Comment