Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Quiet Time: There Is Only One Church

There Is Only One Church

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
 - John 3:3

 

Okay, okay, after reading yesterday's blog titled "Don't Go to Church" many readers thought, "Sure, Brother Doug, I'd grow in church if the preaching was better", and other comments were something like, "I don't have to go to church in order to grow", and of course there's always the perfectly American excuse of  "Sundays are my only day to relax. I work six days a week."

Hey guys, I hear you. Some preaching is better than others. I like the Charles Stanleys, John MacArthurs, and Chuck Swindols of the radio/television world too. And, as far as, growth is concerned, it is true that you can grow outside of church, and you certainly should; however, it doesn't negate the fact that you are breaking God's explicit direction and design for your maturity in Christ (Hebrews 10:25). Finally, working six days a week is simply no excuse for neglecting that which is necessary, good, and eternal, as our hard working sister, Martha discovered (Luke 10:41-42).

So, before we come up with even better excuses for not being part of a local body of believers, check out this list of what the bible says the church could and should be to us.

The Church is the:




By the way, for those of you who don't know me personally, I've been a bi-vocational worship arts minister for over a quarter century now. That means I've always held a full time secular position while ministering in the church. (It's okay, Paul was a tent maker and a missionary Acts 18:3) Many times I get physically exhausted and mentally frustrated; but, then I remember that there is only One Person I desire to please, and He created the one and only place for me to be on Sundays.

That's why there truly is, only one church.



No comments:

Post a Comment