Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Quiet Time: I Can Know


Sarolta Bán (Digital Artist)
I Can Know
Knowledge is powerful

"Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments;
- Deuteronomy 7:9
I can know:
 God personally
   God as LORD of my life.
      He alone is God.
         He is faithful.
            He keeps His covenant (agreement, pledge, promise).
               He keeps His lovingkindess (devotion, unchanging love).
                   This knowledge will impact future generations.
                       Future generations will be drawn to love and follow Him.
   This is a promise that extends beyond today, tomorrow, and time eternal.

If I say that I know God personally as LORD of my life, the only God, Who is faithful, true, and loving; then, I will love Him. If I love Him; then, I will keep His commandments (John 14:15 & 1 John 2:3).

If I keep His commandments, then,  my love for God will be evident to those around me. If my love for God is evident, then, my children and my children’s children will see this relationship. If they see, then they will believe, If they believe then...

 
 
 PRAYER SUGGESTION: Go back a contemplatively read through the "I can knows" turning each line into a personal prayer. (ie: Thank you God for making yourself known. Help me to get to know you better each day.)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment