Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Song Series: I Have Decided


I HAVE DECIDED

I have restrained my feet from every evil way, That I may keep Your word. – Psalm 119:101

I HAVE RESTRAINED:
Every person makes a choice.

MY FEET:
Feet walk us where we want to go.

FROM EVERY EVIL WAY: 
evil is real and can be pursued.

THAT I MAY KEEP YOUR WORD:
the Word can be rejected as well as, accepted.

The first dinner date my wife, Deseri, and I had was to a lakeside restaurant located in a very rural area of our state. I wanted to make a good first impression, so, I chose the secluded café for its noted ambiance and beautifully prepared meals.  Night fell as we drove to the place and, to make matters worse, a terrific thunderstorm set in within the first few miles of our leaving the main highway (no GPS back then). Visibility was terrible; we could hardly see the street, let alone street signs.  After a couple of hours on the back roads, we finally found our way to the interstate only to discover that we had traveled nearly one hundred miles in the wrong direction. The good news is, she married me anyway!
Sometimes our plans are good, our pace is routine, but our path is uncertain because we have no map to check once the storm sets in. Except for the grace of God, we would never find our way back to the right road.  
Every person makes a choice every day to walk in the Way or to walk away.

1. Determine to follow God’s plan.

2. Surrender to God’s pace.

3. Follow God’s path.

4. Check God’s print.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment