Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Quiet Time: Effective Faith

Effective Faith

Read: Philemon 1:4-7

I pray that the fellowship of your faith may become effective through the knowledge of every good thing which is in you for Christ’s sake. - Philemon 1:6

Many of you  know that last year, I joined the staff of new church launch in Valrico. We are growing steadily and that's always encouraging, but the thing that really tweeks my knobs is how we are reaching people one on one. Men and women often come to our little fellowship and listen for several months before making a decision for Christ. However, when they finally take the plunge, they're all in and eager to learn and serve. I like that, but I want more.

I want each one of us to become effective as a body of believers, a team, and a family. Pastor Daniel and I are on the same page with this. Like many of you  we don't want to play church we want to be the church, in love and knowledge to the glory of God. To do this, we as a body of believers will need to grow more intement with Jesus, more in love with each other, and more surrendered to His will.

Please pray that God would help us to be effective as a body of believers, and if you let me know your congregation's name, I'll do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment