Search This Blog

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Quiet Time: An Excellent Wife


An Excellent Wife
No Pushing Please
 
An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels.
– Proverbs 31:10

Behind every man is a good woman pushing him out the door.

My pastor friend likes saying that, and to a point, it’s kind of true; that’s what makes it so funny.

But, one thing I love about my wife is how she nudges instead of pushes me when I overlook the obvious. I call her, “My Other Conscience”, because she often helps me refocus on righteousness with a quiet word or a gentle touch.

For example: when I’m in a conversation and I cut off the person who’s talking, Deseri nudges me ever so slightly to let me know that I’m being rude. Or, if I’m watching a movie (I like action movies) that has foul language, she’ll let out a little, “Oh!” and that’s my cue to find another movie to watch.

I don’t think an excellent wife is found; she is given – by God, and she helps her husband gather the treasure that truly matters.
 
Check out this old song by Buddy Greene "A Virtuouse Woman"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment