Search This Blog

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Quiet Time: The Wife of My Youth


The Wife of My Youth

He no longer regards the offering or accepts it with favor from your hand. 14"Yet you say, 'For what reason?' Because the LORD has been a witness between you and the wife of your youth, against whom you have dealt treacherously, though she is your companion and your wife by covenant.
– Malachi 2:13-14

When I pray for Deseri, I often use the term, “The wife of my youth”. It helps me remember how long we’ve been together (friends since 4th grade) as well as, our covenant marriage relationship (this September makes 30 years).
I hate being sideways with her, and according to this scripture, God doesn’t like it much either.
Honestly, no one likes to be at odds with their spouse; that means, GUYS, treating our wives as if they are anything other than cherished companions will keep God from receiving our worship and may even hinder our prayers ( 1 Peter 3:7) Further more it gives satan an undeserved foothold toward taking down the relationship (Ephesians 4:27)
An older friend once told me, after he and his wife ended their marriage of forty plus years, “Doug, when you put God out, you let the devil in.”

Guys, may I step on your toes?
Do not go to worship today without getting things right with your wife first; and, going forward, get things right, right away.
 
Cherish the Treasure - Steve Greene
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment