Search This Blog

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Quiet Time: Bragging Rights

Bragging Rights

Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; A stranger, and not your own lips. – Proverbs 27:2

 I loathe political ads.
In most cases, the ads convey the candidate’s message, “I’m super but the other guy stinks.”

Ironically, if we have to tell others how good we are, then, we’re really not that good.
The Christ follower lives not for the commendation of men, but of Jesus alone.
(John 5:41) "I do not accept glory from human beings, (2 Cor. 10:18)"For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends."
A daily quiet time, especially in the early morning, is a critical component in our walk with the Lord.  I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word. (Psalm 119:147) In a practical sense it is like we're giving our day over to God before it even begins.

I wonder what would happen if a political candidate determined to serve in his position for Jesus alone? One thing is sure; his political ad would be dramatically different from those we see today.
Reality is, I can’t do anything about negative politics, but one thing I can do, is spend each day getting to know my Savior better so that His presence affects my present.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. – (Matthew 5:16).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment