Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Quiet Time: Confidence In Christ (Get out of the way)

La Confidence
by Claude Deberge
Confidence in Christ
(Get out of the way)


For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. – Philippians 1:6

I have a childhood memory of “helping” my dad work on his car.

I was around ten years old, my dad’s new red four door sedan was parked in front of our house and I’d heard my dad say that he wanted to tweak the carburetor. So, I promptly left the dining room table, popped the car’s hood, took-off the round trash-can looking air filter, and removed the carburetor from the engine in order to "tweak" it. By the time my father realized what I was up to, it was too late; the carburetor was a mess and he spent the rest of the day, not just tweaking it, but repairing the damage I’d done. Really, I had no business under the hood, because although my intentions were good, I was clueless as to what needed to be done.

I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Jesus understands what needs fixing in you and me. He made us  and He's the one who started our walk in Him. Personally, I want to be “like Christ” but my good intentions to buck up and fix myself seem to only make things worse. Now, I don't know about you, but since I really have no clue as to how fix my “self” in order to better walk with Christ, I think I’ll simply rest in the fact that He does know what to do and will do it until it's done.

My dad wasn’t happy with my carburetor job and I felt the pain of His displeasure. God doesn’t need me working on His sedan either, so I think I’ll just stay out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment