Search This Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Song Series: God Is n This Place

God Is In This Place by Brother Doug Hewitt

For Jehovah Elohim is a sun and shield: Jehovah will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. – Psalm 84:11

Have you ever waked up from a great night’s sleep with a worship song on your heart. I did just that this morning, so I thought I’d write down the words as they came to me. I don’t know if the tune is original, but it allowed me to offer my heart to God in song.

The scripture text is taken from the Darby Translation. I like it because it uses the Hebrew name for God – Elohim. Lately I’ve been praying the various names for our Lord during my quiet times. This seems to help me to focus on who He is in power and majesty.

Please lend me your ear and help me decide if the song is sing-able for congregational worship or if it was meant just for me. (click on the title of the song and open the link)

If you want a chord chart for your worship team, let me know. I think it’s pretty simple though, so you can probably just figure them out on your own.

By Brother Doug

(VERSE)
Can’t you hear the difference in the music,
Can’t you see there’s something going on,
Can’t you feel the moving of the Spirit,
God is in this place.

(CHORUS)
We want to worship You,
We want to worship You,
We know there’s nothing better for us to do.

(BRIDGE)
Our Father, Redeemer, our help in time of need;
Our Refuge, our comfort, God only ELOHIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment