Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Quiet Time: From Want To, To Done (something new in you)

Power
Graphite nanoparticles
From Want To, To Done
(Get ready for something new in you)

Be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God. That energy is God's energy, energy deep within you, God himself willing and working at what will give him the most pleasure.
– Philippians 2:13

Recently, I planned an afternoon meeting at a place just outside of town. Running late, I quickly typed the address into the GPS and hit the road. Fortunately, the traffic patterns were light and I was making really good time. Finally, I reached the general area of where I thought I needed to be only to discover that I was on the wrong side of town. You see, I had typed in South Street instead of North Street when I placed the address into the street finder, which put me a good ten miles opposite from where I wanted to be. Analysis? I made really good time...in the wrong direction.

God’s never in hurry and He always knows where He’s headed, especially when it comes to getting us to the place we need to be. Right now, He is working, awakening, changing, us. His work takes place deep inside us where no one can see.

So, then, how do we know that He’s working? Well, a new desire wells up within our hearts to please Him. God himself actually “gives” (allows, entrusts, bestows) us the desire (want to, longing, hunger) to please Him. Then, once we’re fully engaged and focused with a new “want to” He endows us with power (ability, aptitude, capacity) to “do it”. Think about it. God draws us (John 6:44), ignites us, and empowers us to be people who please Him. WOW!

Are you sensing His presence? Do you feel a new desire, determination, devotion welling up to seek His face and find your place in His pleasure? Then be energetic in your life of salvation, reverent and sensitive before God.

God is about to do something new in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment