Search This Blog

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Queit Time: Get Up Get Going



Get Up - Get Going
The joy in a simple song
Arise, shine; for your light has come, And the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. – Isaiah 60:1

Rise and shine and give God the glory - glory!

I woke up this morning with this little children’s church tune playing over and over in my mind. Immediately, the scripture reminding me to do all for the glory of God also came to mind (1 Peter 4:11) as well as, the Psalm by David that reads, “This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!” (Psalm 118:24)

I groaned at first as I rolled over to turn off the alarm, thinking, “Really! Am I really singing a nursery song this early in the morning!” and that’s when it struck me. YES, Douglas, rejoice! Your Father in heaven is right here right now and He’s reminding you for Whom,  with, and why you live.

So, let’s go, Lord! I’m ready to remember Your goodness!

Oh, yes, and thank You Jesus for another beautiful day, as well as, simple songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment