Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Quiet Time: Not Just Any Day


Not Just Any Day

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. - Exodus 20:8

How will I guard against this day becoming the same as any other?

I will begin the day by:

1.       Listening to God speak (Psalm 143:10)

2.       Repenting of my sins (Acts 3:19)

3.       Rejoicing in the Lord (Phil. 4:4)

I will continue the day by:

1.       Gathering with other believers as the first church did (Acts 20:7)

2.       Encouraging others with song (Ephesians 5:19; Col. 3:16)

3.       Listening to what is taught by His preacher (Col. 3:16)

I will complete this Lord’s Day by:

1.       Remembering (Phil. 4:8) and applying its truth to all I do today

2.       Relaxing and refraining from labor (Lev. 23:3)

3.       Returning to an evening worship service (1 Chron. 23:30)

Lord, grant that your servant my relish this day with You and be revived, refreshed, and renewed in spirit and in truth; all to glory of Your name. Amen.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment