Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Quirt Time: Get Out There


Get Out There
Joy for the Journey

For You, O Lord, have made me glad by what You have done,
I will sing for joy at the works of Your hands. - Psalm 92:4

There's a popular commercial with the tag line, "Get out there!"  I like it, and try to get outside as often as possible. 

My daughter and I spent Monday hiking at Robinson Preserve. It was hot and humid but we had a great time watching the mullet leap and the various wading birds dip for fish in the salt marshes. You know, it almost seemed like everything, even the bugs, were happy to be alive. But,  for us humans, joy can be such a fleeting thing.

I passed several fender benders, flat tires, and broken down vehicles on the way to the preserve and thought how terrible the car owners must feel having such trouble on the last day of a holiday weekend.  To make it more real, how'd you feel the last time you got sideways with someone you love?  No, I don't suppose it takes much for us to get down in the dumps. May-be that's one reason God created so many wonderful places to explore.

Could that be a clue? That joy can be found if we are willing to explore, to actually look for it? 

I think I will make a list of blessings for which only God can get the credit. Then, begin to praise Him  for the works of His hands.

TO DO: Explore and take joy in what you find. Then praise the Creator and pack the joy for the journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment