Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Song Series: Give Me Faith

Give Me Faith 
Read: James 4:7-10
  
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 
– James 4:8

God may rip your heart out…but then He gives you a brand new one in return! (Hosea 6:1). 

A great place to be is humbled before God, for when we are weak we become strong (2 Cor. 12:10). 

“Give Me Faith” reminds me that there is sweetness in weakness. 

That said, I need to remember too, that God may:
  • Hurt me to heal me and help me to draw near. (Deut. 32:39 and Job 5:18) 
  •  Demand that I clean out my closet and commit to Him alone (1 Sam. 7:3)  
  • Let me experience extreme pressure, but not for nothing (Psalm 6:2)
 Here’s a helpful link to free stuff being offered by Elevation Church from the album  “For the Honor”: http://www.elevationworship.com/resources/

Sermon Bumper for the Song: 
You've lost faith. In leadership. In the economy. In God. You've even lost faith in yourself. You had it. You lost it. It's time to get it back. 
(Here’s the link to the sermon video: http://elevationchurch.org/sermons/givemefaith


 Losing faith in oneself is not necessarily a bad thing; frankly it could be the best thing that ever happens to us.





DISCLAIMER: I am not endorsing  Steven Furtick or the  sermon, so view at your own risk and shame on you if you “check your brain at the door” with anything you listen to or read – including this B.D.D.  blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment