Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Quiet Time: What Can I Do



What Can I Do

I will sing of your love and justice;
to you, Lord, I will sing praise.
I will be careful to lead a blameless life—
when will you come to me? 
– Psalm 101:1-2

I am convinced that we “do” quite a bit less than we pretend we can do.

 Perhaps that’s why it doesn’t take much to trip us up from doing what we know we ought to do. 

There are no less than eleven “I will” statements in Psalm 101 where David sings about his determination to make God’s wills his way. 

So, if this morning we need a little kick in the pants to get us moving in the right direction (like attending worship service with other believers) here’s a “to do” list directly from God’s hand to your heart.

It would probably be a good idea to make it personal.

(          your name here           )   will:

  1. Sing of God’s love and justice (Psalm 101:1)
  2. Sing God’s praise (Ps. 101:1)
  3. Walk the road of righteousness (Ps. 101:2)
  4. Lead my family to live right (Ps. 101:2)
  5. Look away from worthlessness (bliya-al) naughty, ungodly (Ps. 101:3)
  6. Will not live like the faithless (Ps. 101:3)
  7. Have nothing to do with evil (Ps. 101:4)
  8. Put to silence the slanderer (Ps. 101:5)
  9. Not tolerate the proud (Ps. 101:5)
  10. Hush the heinous (Ps. 101:8)
  11. Block the bad (Ps. 101:8)



What can I do?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me 
(Philippians 4:13)




No comments:

Post a Comment